Wednesday 1 July 2015

The Graveyard Book, Vol 2

Today I returned to magical world of the graveyard in P. Craig Russells graphic interpretation of Neil Gaimans novel The Graveyard Book, Vol 2.  Volume 2 continues the marvelous work begun in the first volume; the writing and art continue to be of high quality making this tale a thoroughly engaging page turner as we see 'Bod' grow and the journey started by the events of the first chapter move towards fruition. As Bod grows things inevitably begin to change and his educational needs and wants see him attending school beyond the graveyards confines; of course this leads to trouble. We see a familiar face return to the graveyard, as does a suspicious character, and a dangerous journey beyond the confines and relative safety of the graveyard and into the mysterious world of those who targeted his family begins. I can't say anymore really and I shan't say how it ends, although I will say I found it quiet melancholic as Bod and the graveyard change; though this was resolved for me on the last but one page. A recommended and worthwhile read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment