Friday 19 June 2015

Solstice ritual

The wheel has turned and Solstice approaches, it's time for ritual celebration. Tonight I joined other pagan types of differing paths in the forest for one of the Clan of the Pheryllt's seasonal open rituals. I saw many a familiar face and new ones to boot; I think I've been attending Pheryllt rituals for nearly 4 years now, they're a great group, very friendly and welcoming. As is usual with the  Clan of the Pheryllt's open rituals it was an friendly affair, the ritual was an OBOD* one and so Druidic in nature; I liked that as it was through such rituals I came to my spiritual path and feel very comfortable with them.  As I said, the participants are a nice bunch and the rituals always have a family feel to them, undertaken with genuine reverence for our natural world and all who dwell therein, with love and often with a fair portion of humour. Tonight there were a couple of bardic offerings too: a lady with a flute/whistle type thing which had a First Nation sound to it played a beautiful tune, followed by Spanish lady singing a captivating song she had written. I wish I had the confidence to participate I see in others. Another lovely ritual leaving you feeling good. Afterwards we adjourned to the Forest Inn in Brockenhurst for the moot portion of the evening, I wasn't going to go what with up early tomorrow, though was talked in to swift one, planning to go before 2200, it was 2300 before I left, still that's by far the earliest I've got away from a Brockenhurst moot. All in all it was a lovely ritual and moot, an evening well spent; a big thank you to the Clan of the Pheryllt.

* Order of Bards Ovates and Druids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment