Monday 5 September 2022

The Wounds of Mata Hari by The Locker Room Cowboys

 
The Locker Room Cowboys (much in demand bassist Andy Budge, renowned multi instrumentalist John Garden and psych legend Icarus Peel) return with the release of 'The Wounds of Mata Hari'; what would best be described as a 5 track mini album, or maybe a extended single? Either way it's more of what we've come to expect from the finest psyche/rock band you've probably never heard of, The Locker Room Cowboys, top quality original music with an engaging and unique sound. Now I could, a have been known to overly wax lyrical about bands and releases I like, often turning my posts into superlative synonym soup; always with justification I may add. Still, nobody needs that. So, simply put these fellows have again done what they do best, created a nice set of diverse sounding tracks; all well written, perfectly crafted and performed, along with being tidily produced they're literally music to your ears. Cracking stuff! Get over to Bandcamp toot suite and buy 'The Wounds of Mata Hari'; whilst you're there fill your boots with everything else they've released, it's all good. Why this band aren't better known is a mystery to me and an affront to music. The Locker Room Cowboys first album 'The future came and stole our dreams' dropped during the pandemic and was criminally overlooked as a consequence, criminally I say!  In my opinion it remains one of the best albums I've heard in years, always a welcome and rewarding listen; wade through my review here

No comments:

Post a Comment