Friday 23 September 2022

Autumn equinox

 
I'd intended we get up and out early doors to observe the autumn equinox sunrise, although the heavy rain that greeted me when I looked out of the window, told me there'd be no sunrise to see today, encouraging me back under the covers. Later though we made it out into the forest to observe Mabon, a transitory point of balance before we enter the darker half of the year, and the was forest was, as you'd expect, glorious walking. And, what better way to celebrate the autumn equinox and second harvest, that with a feast of autumnal forest fruits; nature kindly provided some Ceps (Boletus edulis) which I appreciatively harvested.  I wasn't greedy, I only collected what I need for a couple meals, and I gave thanks to the forest and the elements, grateful for their bounty. The days are getting shorter now as the year is winding down, one more harvest then we're done for this cycle. Equinox blessing to y'all /|\

No comments:

Post a Comment