Thursday 6 October 2022

Yoga and walking

 
I've practised yoga sporadically for years, and regularly for the last few years; and I'm aware I can be a bit of an annoying yoga evangelist. Bear with me though. Breathing is foundational to your yoga practice, particularly common pranayama, regular, deep, in and out through your nose, it under pins everything. I've found developing breath work beneficial way beyond my yoga practice; so much so that most of the time conscious breathing has become my default. It's calming affects have even transformed my walking experience, turning our forest walks into almost moving meditations, nullify the perpetual mental static of my over thinking mind, allowing me more bandwidth to take in the surrounding environmental stimulus and therefore facilitating a deeper connection to the natural world. I recommend everyone has a go at conscious breathing, it's f*cking magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment