Sunday 16 October 2022

Studland dawn

As much as I love the forest, and I do, it's ease being as it is on my doorstep sometimes leads me to neglect the other local landscapes in my holy trinity, Cranborne and the wonderful Isle of Purbeck. With the summer dog walking restrictions lifted we rectified that, and this morning we watched the Sun rise on Studland beach. As we made our way around Shell Bay, with a grey mass of cloud hanging on the horizon I wondered whether we'd see the Sun rise at all,  although as we approached Studland Bay the clouds yielded at the appropriate moment, and very nice it was too. We were early enough to be the first ones on the beach and so had the broad sands to ourselves from the ferry all the way to Knoll Beach, about 2.5 miles; after that it was up on to Ballard Down, round Old Harry and back along a beach by now well populated; lots of dogs so Geoff was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment