Monday 31 October 2022

Samhain

 
Samhain and last harvest are upon us; it's a proper time for us to remember, reflect and take stock. Firstly, far beyond the veil to the otherworld we'll call; hail, well met, know none of you are forgotten, we still remember and love y'all. Can we call on your wisdom, the years of knowledge that you store; we fear we're travelling backwards, reliving dark times that have been lived before. You withstood, survived them, pray lend us the strength of your endurance as we live through them once more. For now with last harvest safely gathered in; it's clear by all metrics that this year has been very thin. We know and understand, this isn't what nature planned; but more the work of devious heartless human hands. I'll be honest, and need to say; I fear a gathering darkness slowly creeps our way. If that sounds mere hyperbole, believe me that it's not; there are literally millions of souls at risk of simply being forgot. Before we continue I feel I need to say; notwithstanding, I still can find things to be grateful for each and every day. Take the rich earth below me or the blue sky above; take the clear waters which surround me, or life, or friendship or love. Finally, we besiege you oh Goddess, pray take our hands; aid our weary travels, through these ever thinning lands. If you could just hold us warm, whilst our hearths remain stone cold; and at least if we must go hungry, we know you'll nourish our soul. Then we'll make through the winter, make it to spring; and later around the Bel fires our gratitude we'll sing. So, as we enter the darkness of deep winter, awaiting the return of the Sun; I've one last thing say, Samhain blessing everyone. /|\

No comments:

Post a Comment