Sunday 22 May 2016

The Acid Valley Nomads @ The Anvil, Bournemouth

It's really awful to say, but too many times over the years I've either missed or ignored the support bands at gigs, I did say it was awful. Though this evening through a fluke of fate or maybe technical problems, I'm not sure, the bands were all running a bit late, as a consequence I got to see them all. And that's no bad thing as I got to see local band with loads of potential, The Acid Valley Nomads.  A five piece comprising of: Nastradoomus Nasos K (Vox/Guitar) Renniks (Bass) Fantastic Mr. Furr (Guitar) Bones Jones (Drums) Reverend Brother Raymond Ray aka the Pastor of Disastor (Keys). They belted out a succession of short, fast paced garage psych numbers which just oozed punk. I don't know how long they've been going, but they had a great sound and if their songs were anything to go by plenty of talent. They all looked like they were enjoying themselves (always good), especially Renniks who had the broadest cheeky grim you could imagine.  A friend pointed out that two of the band members father was in the audience, so I had pop over and tell him what talented sons he had and how much I'd enjoyed their set. Stupid really, I'm sure he already knew his sons had talent and he too had just watched their set so knew how good it was. Still. I was well impressed and shall certainly keep my out for them playing locally. I hope they get on, great performance, great songs, if they can do this so early in their musical career they deserve to! And to think I could have missed them, more fool me. 

Check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment