Monday 16 May 2016

Millwall!

Millwall graffiti! Clumsily carved, right out here on a tree amongst a small copse in the arse end of rural Wiltshire? Ah, the tribal mentality, one of the many things I don't like about football culture, don't misunderstand me, a kick about is great, it's just all the unnecessary bullshit that goes along with it, the exploitation, the excess, the violence. Do you know, true story, I once asked someone I knew what the score was from the match they had only just attended and they said 'I don't know, we were too busy fighting' and then proceeded to tell enthusiastically of various scrapes. What's all that about! As I've mentioned before in regards to graffiti, there's always a story, though I'll never know it. So, sometimes to amuse myself I just make one up.  I reckon like that 70's film 'The Warriors', a gang of Millwall supporters were left at an away match, far from their home 'turf' they battle their way home through hostile territory 'tagging' their name as they go, and that's what probably happened here. Or less fancifully, a young local fan carved it. Either way, meh!

No comments:

Post a Comment