Tuesday 3 May 2016

Apple blossom

Over the common there a few scattered apple trees, long neglected and in one case much abused by some dog walker who encourages their dog to maul the lower branches (something that bemuses me, what with the apple tree being a source of free food, and of course angers me due to the pointlessness vandalism of something beautiful), these trees hold a special place for me.  Over the years I've cleared them of brambles, pruned dead or diseased branches, and of course benefited from their fruits. As well as a source of seasonal free food (there are two or three varieties, all eaters), they represent a visual indication of seasonal change, and I check in with them every day as I walk. Today the first blossoms were properly emerging, so I can confirm, spring is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment