Thursday 19 May 2016

Baby helicopters

If you take the time to really look, everyday can bring you something new. I walk most days, and think that I'm fairly observant. But of course, I give myself far too much credit and nature very kindly brings me back to reality, letting me know that no matter what I may think, I only really see a fraction of what is there to be seen. Or rather I may see, but I don't necessarily register what I'm seeing. Todays natural reminder were these Sycamore (Acer pseudoplatanus) flowers and developing 'helicopter' seeds. Yeah, of course I've seen the helicopter seeds of the Sycamore before, loads of times, but have only ever noticed them fully formed, brown and hanging in clusters. Never do I remember noticing the flowers, or how the seeds developed from them.  So this was something new for me. A little thing I know, but as Here and Now once wrote 'it's the little things' and I'm easily filled with a sense of wonder where nature is concerned. Well, who isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment