Monday 4 February 2019

Wooson's Hill graffiti

At first glance this graffiti on a veteran beech at Wooson's Hill is reminiscent of the forestry marks you commonly see around the forest, and it could be, I suppose, although, these forestry marks are usually more superficially carved and have a greater degree of fluidity in style. And, as I say this is 'reminiscent' of, though not the same. I think this graffiti means something else, it's been carved with a different intention. What that intention is, I don't know. It was deeply carved, and although it's really hard to date graffiti on trees without some indicating feature (there are so many variable factors to take into consideration), I reckon, by the way it's healed and scared it was created some years ago. Another forest mystery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment