Friday 10 August 2018

Windy out

An old familiar returned to today. For the first time in weeks, it was windy. Living near the coast wind is usually an ever present feature any time of the year, this summer though, it's been noticeable by its absence. This is far as I got along the foreshore under the Barton slides, the tide was up and the waters licked at the base of the slowly eroding the Eocene horizons. I sometimes feel I neglect the coast, I live so nearby, though go through long periods of not visiting. I think it's just that we're spoilt for walking opportunities around these parts. That, and you can sometimes overlook what's right under your nose. And, for part of the year the foreshore is crowded with people seeking communion with the elements. Still, I really should try and get down here more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment