Tuesday 14 August 2018

Faulston Down

A badly stitched panorama, I know, the photos weren't taken to create a panorama. Though I think you still get a feel for the rolling expanses in areas of the Chase, and their beauty, something that reaches deep inside you. This is Faulston Down as viewed from Throope Hill near Coombe Bissett just west of Salisbury. Lovely. I've not been able to get out over the Chase since Geoff's arrival, him not being up to the long walks required.  So I jumped at the opportunity today, and it was marvellous! As I made my way along hidden trackways thronged with hedgerow shrubs bursting with bounties, up onto the exposed downs, I felt a connection to the land, it felt right. A smile spread across my face whilst the worries and pressures of modernity in our failing nation ebbed away.  What they say about walking and well being are well founded, I felt a different person after my walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment