Thursday 1 October 2015

Durdle Door, Scratchy Bottom beach and Butter Rock


You'd be forgiven for thinking it was still summer today, and over Purbeck it was, no one had told the coast otherwise. The Sun shone brightly from a clear blue sky, bathing Durdle Door and the coastal cliffs in warm light, while below turquoise waves broke gently on the course sand (more tiny tiny pebble) beach between Scratchy Bottom and Bats Head. Spaghetti like seaweed gently swayed in the rocky pools around Butter Rock stack at the Bats Head end of the beach; the shallow waters here are warm as I wade through them, the seaweed caresses my legs as I plod through out towards the stack. There's a lovely feel to the day and I eagerly soak it up. The weather's set to change next week and this could be summers last echo, so I'm glad to have the opportunity to make the most of.

No comments:

Post a Comment