Monday 17 January 2022

Wolf Moon

The Wolf Moon, the first full Moon of the new cycle, and what a doozy; a radiant Moon high in a crisp clear sky, with not even the gentlest of breeze, perfect conditions for a fire. I've always found, no matter the reason, sitting round a fire such a natural act, a real human act the transcends time or place, and one of a suit of activities which connect us to the ancestors; people have sat/gathered around a fire since people mk1. Fires have always been an thing in our social group too, frequent happenings, and it was rare to spend time by a fire alone; I tried to remember the last time I sat with others round the fire; I couldn't; nor could I remember a lot of other 'last times' I.......whatever. That led to musing an uncomfortable thought I'd had bubbling; I've had a plan throughout the pandemic, a strategy, although, I haven't a cogent exit strategy. And why would I? You have virologists saying we're entering a period of a few years when covid'll be endemic, a media narrative of getting on with it...living with covid, and the government's suggestion it could soon relax restrictions; Whilst at the same time, my wife's being invited to have a forth jab and the government's behavioural advice to the clinically vulnerable remains unchanged; think Jonah Hill in 'Take him to the Greek' gif.  I'm getting the feeling like the helicopter's leaving the embassy and some of us are going to be left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment