Friday 14 January 2022

Studland

We returned to Studland this morning, this time for a more pedestrian roam that yesterday's 9.2 mile speed march from Shell Bay over Ballard Down and back; exhilarating as that was. I love this sandy peninsular, it's deeply layered in memories for me; I remember summer days here as a child, I've walked it's beaches and dunes countless times over the years, had my first psilocybin experience amongst it's dunes, slept in it's dunes, spent years meticulously recording the areas unique Second World War archaeology, and most memorably, the endless happy hours on adventures with my kids. It's beyond a doubt one of our regions most precious gems; you know, it blows me away when I mention Studland or Purbeck to local people, or at least people who've lived here for years, and they either don't know either or have heard of them though never/rarely visit! Today was a perfect winter walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment