Monday 10 January 2022

People Under The Stairs ''O.S.T.''

Now, I'm by no means a 'hippity hop' aficionado, but I know what I like, and from the first time I heard People Under The Stairs I was immediately taken by the quality of Thes One and Double K's work. So when I heard there'd been a repressing of People Under The Stairs' 2002 release ''O.S.T.'' available, I had to snap a copy up. The album arrived this morning and moments later disk one was spinning; compared to mp3 the vinyl is a whole different listening experience, man, a far richer and more textured listen. Ostensibly a traditional straight up hip hop album, it's apparent simplicity belies the genius and beauty of it's meticulous crafting, keeping the sound of O.S.T simultaneously classic and fresh; employing the best samples, all masterfully woven, deepest laid back grooves, and the finest old skool breaks and beats, ''O.S.T.'' is just so good. I thoroughly recommend this enjoyable album; an album that's impossible not to move to; hip hop at it's most organic and purest. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment