Wednesday 30 December 2020

Last full moon of the year

The sky was for the most part clear for the last full moon of the year, and it was cold too. The moon shone majestically. I'd had to settle for reduced fires last few full moons. The sense of openness around the fire was exaggerated by us having hard cut our Hazel trees in autumn and more so by our neighbour removing the thick mature mixed deciduous hedge that bordered our properties, bummer really, it's dense twisted branches and seasonal berries were popular with so many birds. I'll plant anew, that's the plan anyway. The fire burnt bright, the best fire I'd had in ages and I enjoyed it's warmth and dancing light. Well. What a truly shite year it's been, pandemic, brexit, a sense of profound political, ideological and social change, coupled with the appreciation that swathes of my country folk are either cognitively lacking or emphatically deficient, or both. Worst of all the understanding that there's absolutely no chance of the social or environmental changes we required whilst society is structured as it is and people are arses, only the illusions of change. There are things I'm still grateful for mind, some I'm really grateful for, and I for those I give my humble and heartfelt thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment