Tuesday 1 December 2020

Infinity and beyond

Expressions of love are a common focus in graffiti. You regularly see 'someone' for 'someone' carved into a smooth barked trunk, a Beech or a Holly. Frequently circled by a heart pierced by an arrow, although the example I discovered today is something different, it has a mathematical tip to it, 'Jon plus Alison equals infinity'. Original take, not seen it expressed like that before. I've said it before, it's difficult to exact age most graffiti (unless dated or topic dates it), too many factors, though through compassion after looking a hundreds of carvings I reckon you can postulate a plausible date, and I'd say this about 30/40 years old. Of course, as we made our way on I couldn't help but wonder how Jon and Alison's love had faired.

No comments:

Post a Comment