Thursday 12 March 2020

Nordon Wood

Today's outing over to Purbeck came in two parts, a sort of surf and turf outing if you will. The turf part took us up and along the Purbeck ridge west of Corfe, with it's glorious views in all directions. It was exactly a month ago we wandered these parts, though this time I engaged my brain and kept to ridge, avoiding the misery of the lower mud clogged tracks. I wanted to check on the progress of Nordon Wood, see how it's Ramson carpet was developing, and by all accounts it's developing nicely.  Compare this photo with the shot I took from the same place in February, and you can see how well they're coming on. What with one thing and another, I missed the Ramson carpeted woodland in it's prime last year, I don't want to do that this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment