Saturday 21 March 2020

Man the barricades!

Someone's thrown up a ramshackle barricade of boughs and branches blocking the causeway into Mistleberry Enclosure, not that it matters though, the bank and ditch don't make a full circuit, so the obstacle is easily circumnavigated and the bank is far from insurmountable anyway. Also known as Mistleberry Fort, the site is described by the RCHME as an unfinished hillfort, though you know, I'm not so sure.  Mistleberry appears to be too small to be a fort, and the shape doesn't seem work either, I think it was possibly a defended settlement, maybe, or something else...the prehistorian in me would obviously suggest 'ritual' (archaeology joke).  Doing a geophys survey of the interior would shed some light, I reckon. Anyway, I digress. Someone's thrown up a ramshackle barricade of boughs and branches blocking the causeway into Mistleberry Enclosure...I don't know what that's about.

No comments:

Post a Comment