Saturday 30 March 2019

Burley Old

I regularly access Burley Old through this gate, so much so that I don't take much notice any more, only really registering my surrounding when into the stands and on my way. Today, for reasons unknown, I found myself hanging back, draping myself over the gate, and taking time to study the woodland, acclimatizing my senses and tuning in. It was worth doing. I think sometimes life encourages, or rather forces you, to move faster than your senses would like, meaning some details, the minutia of life, get overlooked as you hurry through. You miss so much that way, too much, it's good to slow it down, that minutia's important. Weirdly I felt that 5 minutes spent tuning in gave me better connection to the woods. It wont look like this for much longer, the wheel keeps on turning, and soon the forest will close in on itself, your views through the stands hindered by low hanging leafy boughs. Spring is stepping up it's game.

No comments:

Post a Comment