Wednesday 13 September 2017

Queens Bower

I've decided that I'm going to set about walking all the roams that Norris and I made through the forest over the years. Some roams we still frequented, many others though had become neglected for one reason or another, and we hadn't walked them in years. Each roam is steeped in memories, every step will trigger a film show of past walks in the minds eye. I know that this will be bitter sweet at times, though the rewards, I think, will out weigh any possible negatives. Today's route through the past started in Brinken Wood with its veteran Beech and Oak, progressed along Highland Water still showing it's summer gravel bottom, then back across Wide Lawns open space where the deer graze, on through the wet Oak woodland of Camel Green, all seasonal ponds and mud, then the drier Beech majesty and grandeur of Great Huntley Bank, before finally we found ourselves back in Brinken. A lovely walk in a gentle forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment