Friday 22 September 2017

Equilibrate blessings

The sun rose over a mist veiled forest this morning to bring us a moment of equilibrium, for tomorrow we step over the threshold and into the shorter days of dark's dominion. That's not as bad as it sounds, all's as it should be, if we're lucky the longer days will return, as will light's dominion. Man, the forest is so still, so quiet, as if everything's holding its breath in honour of the moment. It's stunning out here, though as with so much at the moment, there's a bitter-sweetness to this mornings seasonal observance, it's a long time since I welcomed the sun alone. Walking back I make the same resolution I've made 8 times a year for nearly 3 decades, to get up early to greet the sun more often. Of course I doubt I will, though I always mean to and that must count for something. It's also the period of second harvest, the fruit and nut harvest. It's another opportunity to take stock of the year, have the seeds (both physical and metaphorical) you planted in spring flourished or failed?  I hope your barn is full to bursting. Equinox blessings y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment