Saturday 16 April 2016

Munzee!

I found this attached to the Ivy climbing up a nondescript Birch tree over the local common, I wondered what it's about? As I say, the tree is nondescript, one of many of similar size and nature, nothing unusual. The label is at head height, a sort of buff laminate and was turned inward to hide the QR code (sounds like I know what I'm talking about, I don't, I had to look it up).  All I could think of is that it's part of some game, or some sort of orienteering set up. Well, not a bad guess as it happens, with the help of modern technology (my wifes' smart phone) I discovered it's part of something called 'Munzee' a global scavenger hunt game https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munzee. It's funny what you can unintentionally come across whilst out walking, there are whole worlds of activity out there, which unless you're personally involved, you know nothing about; the worlds a massive place, and there are boundless opportunities to get involved in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment