Wednesday 25 September 2019

Burley Old.....again!

I say 'Burley Old.....again!', as if I'm suffering from Burley Old fatigue, though in reality I love this area of woodland, it holds a special place in my heart and I never get bored of spending time with it. Being one of the oldest enclosures in the forest, created in the first tranche of enclosing in 1700 immediately after the 1698 New Forest Act, it naturally feels imbued by age with an air of dignity and holds itself as one who has stoically endured the elemental ravages of time. The light through the stands was particularly magical this morning, showing the subtle seasonal changes to good effect. I reckon it's near impossible to capture that essence of subtle seasonal change in a photo taken on the fly, if you can capture it at all, although with that in mind I still regularly take a punt at recording the beauty I see on our daily walks in natures wonderland. Burley Old never gets old for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment