Tuesday 25 December 2018

The Butterfly Revolutions

Far out, man! A good friend of mine gave me a really thoughtful and generous gift...a vinyl copy of The Luck of Eden Hall's 2011 double album 'The Butterfly Revolutions'. Very kind. Late to the The Luck of Eden Hall party, I happened to hear a track on a Fruits de Mer sampler CD in afore mentioned friends car back in early 2016, and immediately loved their sound and energy. I subsequently ordered their 2016 album 'The Acceleration of Time', which is a wonderful album. The following years 'Mighty Machines', was a magnificent and pertinent psychedelic rock opus for our times. And this year TLoEH's Gregory Curvey's release as Custard Flux 'Helium' is just a joy.  If you like good music I recommend you check them out, everything I've heard to date is aural joy. So, I'm looking forward to looking backward, and to hearing some of the bands earlier material. The earliest album I have is 2014's Victoria Moon, another great album. 2011 is way down the time tunnel, and I can't wait to find out what the band sounded like then!

No comments:

Post a Comment