Saturday 19 August 2017

If you go down to the woods today......

If you go down to the woods today......you'll be in for a big surprise. No shit! Autumn is definitely dominating the forest now, though by the actions of those out in it, you'd think it was spring. It was one of those days out walking today. Walking the less walked path can often lead to the unexpected. So it was this afternoon, no more than 20 minutes out and as the path turned, boom, there was a guy getting a blowy of his partner, and filming on his phone it too!  I saw him, he saw me, I saw her, she saw me, they flinched, I put my head down and walked off at speed, not looking back. I hate it when that happens, I always feel so guilty. Hang on, I hear you say....'always'? Yeah, the number of times I've accidentally interrupted or at least had to abruptly alter course to avoid disturbing people getting it on in the forest in recent years is nearly in double figures. Awkward. Indeed. Obviously, more for them, than me.  As I say, I always feel guilty, but I can walk on, though it must be hard to keep in the moment after some one has walked by. And forest love being such a beautiful thing, too. I continued on my walk, and lovely it was; the forest was exuberant, as seasons change always are. Walking alone you get lost in your thoughts, your mind drifts as ideas ebb and flow. It was about this time when I caught movement out of the corner of my eye, and my focus was brought sharply back to the present. Was it a 'mythago*' forming, no, it was some guys arse moving at speed. Yup, it was a couple going for it on a river bank behind a large fallen trunk. I spun on my heels, and was pleased to hear their continued moaning as I made off. At least I didn't ruin this couples day. Like I said, it may be autumn though folk are acting like it's spring. 

* A reference to the minds creation of mythagos, archetypal folklore figures uniquely imagined by the individual, leading to a wood where multiples of the same figure existed, only each slightly different to the other, in 'Mythago Wood' by Robert Holdstock

No comments:

Post a Comment