Thursday 3 August 2017

Fun guys

Left it late for a ramble today, the light was fading (which is how I'm going to excuse my crap photo) and an eerie silence muffled the stands, silent except for the occasional alighting bird disturbing the canopy and odd sounds of movement    It's only just first harvest and already it feels like autumn, and has done for a while now, that's not right. All over, fungi have taken advantage of the warm dank weather to stake their claim to the land, a bit previous if you ask me, still. I've seen dozens of types about, including parasols, boletus (a couple of types) and a whole plethora of others whose names I don't know. Though by far the most numerous are Chanterelles (Cantharellus cibarius), you see them all over the place. Hey, I'm not complaining or ought, they're very tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment