Sunday 9 March 2014

Smedmore Hill

I can't articulate, as I would like to, the feeling of well being I get from nature; physical, mental and spiritual. The ranges were, unusually for the weekend, closed and so a hasty alternative route had to be considered, a route as it happens with more ups and downs than I had planned for.  Though the day was fine, so what the hey. The Sun may have gained dominion over the chill winds, for the first time this year, but it has not done so against the sea and a light sea mist shrouded the distant coast and hills, which added a degree of mystery and the exotic to the views. Birds sung in joyous expectation of the season now arriving, while the banks and hedgerows rustled with invisible activity.  The walk took us through more new tracts, as well as some well trodden ones and as we approached the top of the Kimmeridge ridge at Swyres Head a rest was called for. As we sat high on the side of Swyres Head, just below the ridge line, I was totally taken by the view before me, lost in wonder. Before I knew it 30 Min's had passed, so absorbing were the views.  Another beautiful day on the coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment