Tuesday 2 January 2024

Hail and farewell

2024 has not begun well with the loss of my mother-in-law. I understand the wheel turns and everything has its season, but Margaret will be profoundly missed. A devoted daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother, great grandmother and friend, she was the much loved matriarch of our family. Margaret epitomized humanity, thoughtful, caring, compassionate, even when overburdened herself she'd do her best to ease the burden of others, always doing so with a smile and a kind word. She was honest, humble and selfless, a truly beautiful soul who'd tirelessly served and cared for others her entire life. We never heard her once complain, it wasn't in her nature. Margaret may have passed beyond the veil, though the warmth of her boundless love endures. She truly was the best of us. I felt privileged to have Margaret in my life. I say Margaret, in the 43 years I knew her I don't think I ever called her by her name, she was always Mrs.E to me. By whatever name she was much more than my mother in law to me, she was a touch stone for what it is to be a good person, she was an inspiration. I loved her dearly and will miss her greatly, miss her wisdom, her understanding and her unfaltering support, and especially I'll miss the laughs we shared. Hail and farewell Mrs E.

No comments:

Post a Comment