Tuesday 17 October 2023

Carlton Melton @ The Winchester Gate

 
I was lucky enough to get to see the fabulous Carlton Melton for the second time in less than a week, and they were, again and as one would expect, truly phenomenal. This time it was closer to home at another of my favourite pub/venues, the fantastic Winchester Gate in Salisbury. What I wrote regarding Carlton Melton and the qualities of their King Arthur performance remains true for tonights' gig, I'd only be repeating myself, and anyway I've already used all the available superlatives to describe this prodigious bands performances. The only difference I'd say was that whereas the Arthur performance had a wild frenetic nature to it, this evenings' was a more considered and focused affair; viva la difference I say, both were far out. It was also a treat to see Carlton Melton supported by Salisbury band Carpet. I've seen Carpet 3 times (?) previously, each a unique experience as they appear to have a wonderful fluid nature to their sound and performances; tonight they were joined by a nervous looking fellow singing in Hindi, damn fine stuff, the cultural mix of electronic psych and traditional style vocals worked well. Check Carprt out here

All in all another wonderful evening, great venue, two superb bands and the fine company of friends old and new; again my cap is doffed to all who made this evening the respite from modernitys' tribulations that it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment