Monday 5 June 2023

Double time

I was fairly certain at the very beginning of this morning's walk that the distance and the time I'd allowed to complete it walking were not compatible, and yet still I undertook it.  The route in question had no short cuts, no corners to cut, and I couldn't exceed my 45 minute window. Although from the get go we were pacing it, we weren't even a third into our walk before the necessity move at the double if I wasn't to be late became apparent, eventually we returned to the car just 2 minutes adrift. Why do I do this? Because I do, a lot! I wondered if it's my subconscious making me run, which unless on a treadmill my body firmly rejects as a silly proposition. Maybe I just like the challenge; I do like to challenge myself. Anyway. The route itself from Throop Mill is a lovely one, after crossing the bridge and accompanying the River Stour a while downstream you turn inland along a track towards the ford through Leaden Stour (above) and beyond following meandering isolated country lanes until you turn back towards the Stour, following her course once again until you return to the bridge and old mill.

No comments:

Post a Comment