Sunday 12 December 2021

Repairs

I spend 20 minutes or so on this morning's walk undertaking some remedial repairs to Burley Old's 'Hermitage'. I'd noticed over walks of late that it had become more of a sieve than a shelter and thought I'd do something about that. Recent winds ensured that there was plenty of canopy detritus of all sizes littering the woodland floor, plenty of leaf litter too. I was pleased with my efforts, by the time I'd finished many of the gaps and holes were filled, returning the shelter to darkness; one thing I noticed though during my maintenance was that in the near future more substantial structural work would be required if the hermitage was to endure. I have to say, even at my age, I really enjoyed 'playing' in the woods and was totally absorbed by the activity, the weights on my mind temporarily fading into the background. And you wouldn't believe it, but in that twenty minutes or so, in that small area, I walked just over a mile!    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment