Monday 22 November 2021

Burley Old Fall

Burley Old is my most visited roam, and one of my most beloved; I regularly use it as a litmus test for the wider forest.  Stood amongst it's stands I can see that 'fall' is approaching fast in the forest; soon the remaining canopy, which dwindles daily, will be empty, the boughs naked until the buds burst forth with new life in spring. A rest well deserved; it's been another difficult year out here, failed wild harvests, boughs and trunks slighted by storms and everything feeling off kilter. Still, I have to believe (difficult as that's becoming) that better times will come and the forest community will endure. In the meantime, each season brings it's own unique beauty to the forest and I look forward to and relish them all...Winter nears.

No comments:

Post a Comment