Sunday 31 October 2021

Samhain

 
With last harvest safely gathered in, the year comes to close and the season of Samhain begins with a three day festival remembering those who've passed beyond the veil, feasting and metaphorically cleaning house...letting go. A carved pumpkin in my window acts as a beacon to those who may wish to visit from beyond...they are always welcome. I remember them, dear family members and fiends, those whose memories I endeavour to keep alive through the regular retelling of stories...mostly humorous, though some recounting wisdoms, others warnings. As I close my eyes and focus on each of them, their faces appear, always with beaming smiles, which in turn make me smile. This is one of my favourite festivals of the eightfold year. Samhain blessings y'all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment