Saturday 23 October 2021

Ac-Cep-table

I've found it a slow season for mushrooms, an unusual year for fungi all round, the mushrooms have been doing weird stuff...appearing when they shouldn't and not when they should. It's still unusually dry out there now, and the temprature's all over the place. You have seasons that are better than others, some worse and others non starters. So in recent years, until I've got a handle on how the seasons shaping up, I tend to dry all the Ceps I collect. I feel you get better bang for your buck, so to speak, by drying them and using them crushed up through the winter in soup, stew etc. Top flavouring, and it's a better use of the resource too. Over the last couple of weeks I've collected a few Ceps here and a few there, and now have an ac-cep-table dried store to carry me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment