Tuesday 12 May 2020

Schnauser

Over lockdown, when I've had a couple of quid spare, I've tried to buy something from bandcamp, musicians are having a hard time of it and hey, I love music, two birds and all that. Recently I bought a Schnauser cassette single. I've long liked schnauser, they have a original psychedelic sound, warm, theatrical, very British, it's both thoroughly engaging and absorbing, Alan Strawbridge has a fabulous voice too. If you're interested, there are two related bands The Lucky Bishops and Gothic Chicken, different, though all sharing DNA. Love one, I guarantee you'll love them all. Though I digress. Today my cassette arrived, and to my surprise was accompanied by a signed copy of the bands 2010 album 'The Sound of Meat', far out! I'd seen that you got a free signed copy when you bought a t-shirt, never imagined I'd get one with my paltry purchase. I was made up, man, how cool is that, so generous, made my day. Both cassette and CD are fabulous. Also, the band recently posted that there'll be a new album on the horizon. The cool just keeps piling up.

No comments:

Post a Comment