Monday 13 April 2020

Keep on keeping on

I've often see this old guy (with his little dog) whilst out walking locally, and now with local lock down walks I see him most days. He walks with a stick over the uneven ground of the common like a poorly articulated Thunderbird marionette, he's a really old fellow mind, and walks with an admirable air of stoic determination, proper old school, he always comes across as a nice guy. I stepped well of the track, social distancing an'll, we'll often meet on these Common's paths and pass the time of day, it's a disjointed conversation though, I talk too fast and low, and he's quite deaf.  He apologized for being so slow, and I told him he was cool. Though what I really thought was, 'you're not slow, man, you're a feckin legend', I see him and I'm inspired, I reckon his daily route is at least a mile, mostly off road. I hope I've still got that determination in me to get outside.  

No comments:

Post a Comment