Wednesday 15 April 2020

Blossom

My favourite of the Common's trees are the apples, there's a about half a dozen of them, all eaters, and all as far as I can see neglected. I love their heady scent when in blossom, their fruit's not to shabby either. Still early in the season the blossoms are yet to achieve their full potential, though had enough scent to them to stir your senses. I think I'm possibly the only one to eat or use the  fruits of these trees, tough skinned though succulent eating, they're a valuable local resource.  On resources, I collected some lovely fresh rhubarb from the lotty this afternoon, I intend to utilise everything mother nature has to offer cultivated and wild. Now's a perfect opportunity to practice your cultivating and foraging skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment