Tuesday 11 February 2020

Sentient by Jeff Lemire and Gabriel Walta

I read a lot of comics and graphics, and thoroughly enjoy them all, they're one of my means of escape, comics are my bag, I love 'em. Though occasionally I come across one's that stand out, which just grab you, real gems, 'Sentient' by Jeff Lemire and Gabriel Walta is one of those gems. Ostensibly a simple story, though really much more, very cleverly written by Jeff Lemire, well, he's got form for great writing, hasn’t he. I don't want to give too much away, so simply, it's a story of children on a ship carrying families to an outer colony, and their interaction with the ships AI. As I say, it's cleverly written, leading you to think you understand what's going on and what's going to happen, before showing you, you don't. This illustrations too by Gabriel Walta are beautifully executed, very nice lines, expressive faces and the measured use of subtle colours are perfect for conveying the story. I consumed all 163 pages with gusto, and was left wanting more. A recommended read.

https://www.comicextra.com/comic/sentient

No comments:

Post a Comment