Sunday 14 July 2019

Crocodogodile

Many of the forest streams are parched, their naked gravelly bottoms on display. They still flow out of sight though, underground and unseen. Although 'flow' is probably not an accurate description, more seep from puddle to puddle.  Take the remodelled Fletcher's Water as it runs along Fletcher's Green approaching Highland Water, it's more winding gravel path with puddles than stream. I wondered whether climate crisis is making these events any more frequent or intense, it looks more dramatic than it is I think, I remember the forests streams always doing this to some degree. I suppose it's the duration of these events that is the crux, and how the forest critters will fare when even the puddles dry out. I spotted a Crocodogodile in one of the puddles, now there's a thing you don't see every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment