Friday 12 April 2019

Sun Graffiti

Facing exactly south-east this stylized Sun motif is in the 'strange' graffiti category. Not a name or date, no words or single letters, all of which represent the bulk of tree graffiti I come across.  I don't think it's a forestry mark, they're usually simpler affairs. No, as I say, a solid contender for the strange graffiti category. The previous groups are often easy to interpret, whereas with symbols, unless you recognize the symbol, it's hard to understand motive or what the scribe is trying to convey.  I'm calling it a 'sun' when it could represent something else entirely, I'm also assuming it's directional position was through choice, not chance, although my compass says it's spot on south-east. It looks as if it's quite old, and was possibly cut with some sort of tool rather than a knife, the rays appear paired. Who knows. Cool though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment