Thursday 21 December 2017

Winter Solstice sunset

Well, that's that then, the year is over. The final sunset of the year marks the end of shortest day, the last day of the Holly Kings reign. The Oak King takes the throne now. If we're lucky a new sun will rise tomorrow and a new year, another cycle, will have begun. I will not mourn the years passing, although there were good times, and good memories were made, there were too many hard times and too many sad times. It's only natural, I know, that's the nature of life. For the most part I count my blessings, I'm not stupid I understand the complaints of first worlders lack credibility in light of global suffering, but still, our woes are our woes, personal and still real to us; it's all relative. A world in chaos, a failing climate and the prevailing political paradigm shift to the right, seems to make the shit hit harder though, make it harder to pick yourself up. Maybe that's age, as experience and cynicism colour our perspectives. I suppose hope is all we've ever had, though it increasing appears a forlorn hope at best, and a weapon against us at worst. Still, here's to hope, and something better. I wish you flags, flax, fodder and Frigg, and all you'd wish for yourselves in the new cycle.


No comments:

Post a Comment