Saturday 23 December 2017

Holly!

Well! As if by some magic, a single Holly tree laden with bright red berries appeared to me today. I reckon is was magic. I think the forest had watched me searching, felt I'd paid my dues and done me a favour. I walked near 5 miles today, and at the furthest point of my walk, just before I turned for my return, I stepped over a hillock and there in perfect isolation stood this Holly heavy with fruit.  Laughing, I thanked the forest, and pushing a coin into a hollow in the Holly's gnarled trunk I thanked the tree. Man, there were so many berries on this tree, more than normally on a tree. Just as I wondered why there were no berries, I'm wondering why there were so many berries on this one isolated tree? Still, very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment