Wednesday 22 June 2016

Hedge pig

It's not common to see Mrs Tilly-Winkle out in the day, in fact it's not common to see Mrs Tilly-Winkle or her kin, full stop. They used to be a frequent sight when I was younger, scuttling about in the bushes under the moon. Then there was a not so cool period when you frequently saw their remains on the road side. No though, you see neither (clearly not seeing the latter is a good thing) with much frequency. So, I was surprised, and delighted, to see this one noisily rummaging through the thickets of the common.  They've funny little faces and their black pearl eyes clearly mark them out as nocturnal, hence my surprise at seeing one out in the day, I was also surprised at how nonchalantly it continued about its to my presence. At first I thought, being out in the day, that it might have been injured or sick, although it moved at speed when it did move and looked a good size and healthy. Maybe environmental changes are necessitating adaptations or maybe it was that I was walking off the path, whatever, it was nice to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment