Tuesday 29 March 2016

And breath..

I'm always amazed by the things I find whilst out walking. Whilst sheltering under a Holly, I noticed what appeared to be a shiny disk amongst the leaf litter. Upon reaching down and clearing some of the leaves, I was surprised to find an inhaler of the kind I use for my asthma. The inhaler appears to have been placed purposefully, rather than having been dropped by accident, as it's sticking out of the ground upright (2 3rds of it buried). That wouldn't happen naturally. Why then would you part bury an asthma inhaler upright under a tree?  Being a pagan I'm used to the idea of ritual deposition, is this something like that? A mad idea that this is what's happening here, I know. Still. Does it hold symbolism for the person who put it there? It must. As I say, it appears purposeful, rather than accidental. Maybe the Holly suffers from asthma? I'll never know, and I'll have to chalk it up to 'another' woodland mystery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment