Thursday 5 June 2014

Green Wood Work Shop

It's Purbeck arts week this week, with lots of arts and craft events. Walking up the track past Brenscombe Wood up towards Brenscombe Hill I spied a gate which was usually closed was open and accompanied by a sign which read 'open studio'. An opportunity not to be missed I thought and so detoured into the woods. I'd noticed a few years back, from higher up the track, that the wood had been managed and worked. Tucked in a gentle fold in the hillside, two large tarp covered working areas; The Green Wood Work Shop. The Green Wood Work Shop manages the wood using mostly traditional methods, such as using horses to move felled timber and produces logs, charcoal, bespoke furniture and coppiced products amongst others. It was good to a woodland being productively managed and worked; nice people who run it too.I was glad I passed this way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment