Saturday 22 January 2011

Lost my marbles

Walking along Highland Water I glanced out of the corner of my eye, a marble, carried down stream by seasonal surging and redeposited on the gravel edge of a meander, transports me through time and space to childhood days spent playing along the banks of these woodland brooks. A strange sensation, momentarily it was the 1970's, it was tangible, I had accessed some fragment of memory, every detail was there, sights, sounds, feelings and for a moment I was the child me reaching down to pick up the green marble, information overload jolts me back to the banks of Highland water, feeling curiously disorientated. Weird.

2 comments:

  1. Another well-observed picture. I like the way it appears to be suspended in mid-air above the stones, no doubt aided by the selective depth-of-field.

    ReplyDelete